B2C2 is the leading cryptocurrency trading firm in the market today. We are a true principal as a risk market maker to exchanges and OTC clients. Our mission is to bring transparency and efficiency to this new asset class.
Bridging the gap between traditional financial and cryptocurrency markets, we are relied upon by brokerages, exchanges, banks and fund managers to provide 24/7 liquidity. Headquartered in London, with offices in Jersey City and Tokyo, our fast-growing team has deep expertise in traditional financial and crypto markets.
We pride ourselves on our company culture and ability to attract not only the top talent but the right people. If you are looking for a role in an exciting new industry, at a dynamic company please keep reading.
Scope of Role
If you like solving problems with moving parts, juggling multiple projects at a time, working with emerging technologies, and seeing your solutions make a real impact, then think about joining B2C2 as an Onboarding Manager on our US Team. Every day will be slightly different as we delve into market structure changes, build out new products to offer to our clients, and customize our offering to close market gaps. This role requires the ability to manage across many internal stakeholders including sales, trading, technology, and compliance. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Engage clients to help facilitate the onboarding and maintenance processes.
- Coordinate client / counterparty onboardings across multiple functions / B2C2 entities - Front Office, Compliance, AML, Operations, Legal, amongst others - all in a high pressure / time-sensitive environment.
- Ensure onboarding requests are completed within expected timeframes. Ensure that client maintenance activities are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Review agreements, legal and financial documents, and other paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in the assessment / assignment of risk classifications to incoming clients / counterparties and those expanding /changing business activities; where applicable, adjust KYC profiles due to changes in risk factors.
- Assist in delivering training related to the account opening process.
- Undertake recertifications and renewal of due diligence on existing clients / counterparties to ensure identification of changes in risk profile, including reputational and operational risk factors.
- Assist in the maintenance and / or revisions of Client Onboarding Procedures to ensure that the onboarding / client maintenance process is documented, transparent, consistent, sustainable, efficient, and effective.
- Participate in design and testing of enhancements to client due diligence / onboarding databases, reports, and systems.
- Support management in its tactical / strategic initiatives regarding onboarding applications / other systems.
- Work closely with Sales, Compliance, Legal and other teams to render policies / procedures more transparent and effective, all while preserving risk control strength
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's (BA/BS or University degree) degree required
- Experience with or a keen interest of emerging technologies including bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Ethereum
- 3-7 years of relevant client onboarding experience
- Appreciation for due diligence operations and onboarding applications / systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to face-off to management team, Front Office, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Audit
- Well-organized and good at multi-tasking. Track-record of keeping good composure in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong understanding of US PATRIOT Act, BSA / AML requirements (e.g. CIP requirements; difference between CDD and EDD; etc), Dodd-Frank, 5MLD, MLR 2017, MLR 2019 among others.
- High competency in research and analysis, and in using external due-diligence tools.
- Energetic / self-starter. Ability to take direction and act quickly.
- Healthy mix of compliance and pragmatism / commerciality in an environment where revenue growth is a mandate and risk control is paramount
- High competency in Microsoft products suite.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the company and the overall business objectives of the B2C2.
Though we are operating partially remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in the Jersey City office.