B2C2 is the leading cryptocurrency trading firm in the market today. We are a true principal as a risk market maker to exchanges and OTC clients. Our mission is to bring transparency and efficiency to this new asset class.
Bridging the gap between traditional financial and cryptocurrency markets, we are relied upon by brokerages, exchanges, banks and fund managers to provide 24/7 liquidity. Headquartered in London, with offices in Jersey City and Tokyo, our fast-growing team has deep expertise in traditional financial and crypto markets.
We pride ourselves on our company culture and ability to attract not only the top talent but the right people. If you are looking for a role in an exciting new industry, at a dynamic company please keep reading.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall risk management and risk appetite of the Company. The role is initially a stand-alone role whereby they will be responsible for identification, analysis and mitigation of internal and external risks. The risk responsibility covers not just financial risks but a number of non-financial risks including operational risk, liquidity risk, political, technological and capital reporting. The candidate will seek to ensure that B2C2 complies with government regulations, and review factors that could potentially damage the business, assets, performance or reputation.
The role of the Chief Risk Officer requires having a deep understanding of how macroeconomic factors drive the decision-making process in the markets. The role requires an insight on correlations across various market factors as well as understanding concentration and liquidity risk across all the assets we trade (i.e. spot trading, funding, options and structured products involving cryptocurrencies).
The candidate will shape the future of risk for B2C2 and will be supported by members of the EXCO team in doing so. They will look to ensure that risk-taking at the individual portfolio/book level, the counterparty level and the firm level is efficient and deliberate, by setting appropriate risk guidelines and limits.
This appointment is a critical role for B2C2 and as such, we are seeking to hire an individual who has experience as a market risk professional, preferably with experience in market risk management relating to trading in FX, Crypto or Equities, including derivatives and structured products, with excellent management and communication skills for managing both the external interface with regulators if required, and the internal communication with heads of the business.
- Develop global and local risk management strategies and risk appetites supported by appropriate risk limits.
- Build a healthy risk culture, balancing the right mix of technical risk and behavioural competencies such as being commercially focused, excellent in communication and confident with change management.
- Advise EXCO and board management on group risk policies and risk management frameworks.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of suitable market risk framework including VaR measurement, VaR proxy decisions, back-testing, profit and loss attribution analysis, monitoring of risk positions and changes, discussion of trades with traders and determining limits.
- Interact with EXCO and board management and regulators as necessary.
- Develop and maintain analytics and scenario analysis for day-to-day risk monitoring purposes, independent of the front-office trading teams.
- Partner with FLOD teams and businesses to confirm that risks are fully understood, consistent with client and firm objectives, and appropriately mitigated and scaled given the defined market risks including day to day monitoring and limit amendments.
- Pro-actively and regularly monitoring risks in the geographic and product portfolios by presenting and updating pertinent analyses on markets/trading, portfolio risk and performance drivers to the management team as requested.
- Apply concepts of book construction, stress testing, risk & performance attribution, and liquidity analysis.
- Help to define and evolve the analytics and risk management framework over time to ensure adequate risk oversight as well as managing and mentoring junior team members.
- Actively manage the firm’s risk exposures through regular attendance of the Risk Committee meetings.
- Continue to build strong relations with business at all levels.
- Work effectively across the different functions as necessary including Trading, IT, Finance, Compliance, Legal, HR, Change Management, PR/Marketing to ensure B2C2’s overall goals are met.
- Assist with the operational risk framework and advise on risk and control self-assessment process.
Conduct Rules (Conduct Staff, Certified Staff & Senior Managers):
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
Conduct Rules (Senior Managers):
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible is controlled effectively.
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible complies with relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system.
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that any delegation of your responsibilities is an appropriate person and that you oversee the discharge of the delegated responsibility effectively.
- You must disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA or PRA would reasonably expect notice.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to apply!